Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Quake and Tsunami!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!...Woke up this morning and was watching CNN in a sad disbelief like WTF!!!. A 8.9 magnitude earthquake, Japan's biggest in their country and the 5th biggest recorded worldwide in history, hit east of Japan also triggering a tsunami, reaching up to 23 feet high. That is terrible! Everytime I see or hear tragic stories or incidents such as this one or the tsunami in Thailand, the earthquake in Haiti, the mudslide in Brazil, hurricane Katrina and the many more global catastrophes. It really devastates me, knowing that tons of people lose loved ones, people go missing, the chaos it creates and the aftermaths of it all. I couldn't imagine any of this happening to myself or any of my loved ones, ever. It truly is a scary thought.






Sometimes I wish I had the funds to fly over and help with relief efforts or even donate a good amount to the victims. I donate when I can, but not much since I really can't afford to give hundreds or thousands of dollars out, but you bet your ass I will in the future! I donated $10 to the American Red Cross for the Haiti earthquake and also donated $25 for the Japan quake/tsunami. It's not much but it does add up and it's more then what others will do with their money. (Update 4/25/11 - I also purchased a very nice Polo for $98 and all proceeds go towards relief efforts of Japan)



You know, sometimes catastrophes like this makes you love and cherish life a whole lot more. One day, you're just relaxing and going about your daily life, then the next, it's gone....It's so devastating and scary thinking about it and ALL my heart and condolences go out to the victims and family of the victims, it's always always sad to lose loved ones. It really is the worst feeling in the world...





No comments:

Post a Comment